MoS Volunteer Drivers
The Milford on Sea Volunteer Drivers arrange drivers to take local residents to medical appointments, surgeries and hospitals.
Milford on Sea Volunteer Drivers provide a door-to-door car service for local residents to essential medical appointments including hospitals, surgeries and dentists.
People who use the service are likely to be adults who cannot use other forms of transport due to age, impaired mobility, frailty or disability. It may also be because there is simply no other form of transport available.
We rely on a dedicated team of drivers, and coordinators who arrange the journeys. This is a worthwhile and rewarding opportunity to volunteer in your community.
Can you offer a few hours a week?
We are looking for both drivers and coordinators.
- We have a formal application process, as we have a duty of care to those people who use the service.
- All our volunteers need to show empathy and sensitivity and understand that the information that they handle is confidential.
- Drivers must hold a valid driving licence and be fit and well. Your car must have comprehensive insurance, a current MOT where appropriate, and be suitable for carrying passengers. You need to be confident in using email. Mileage expenses are paid for all journeys.
- Coordinators need to be confident in speaking to people on the telephone and using a computer. Training will be given in using our booking system.
How to apply
- Complete the registration form online or print off and complete. You can then scan it in and email it back or email us and we will give you an address to post it to. Or we can provide a paper copy. Our email address is: email@example.com
- We ask for two referees who are not family members.
- We undertake a DBS check for all prospective drivers.
- Once all the checks have been undertaken, prospective drivers take the Hampshire County Council Driver Assessment. This is paid for the MVD.